Alumni Networking Opportunities
Several opportunites exist for alumni interested in networking with fellow C/J graduates and others in the communication industries in Rochester:
The St. John Fisher College C/J Affinity Group serves as an integral resource for all St. John Fisher College Communications/Journalism alumni. The Affinity Group is committed to promoting SJFC and the C/J Department among prospective students, providing professional guidance, support and opportunities to current students, and serving as a resource for networking, support and advancement for C/J alumni. The group has as its mission:
- To strengthen and improve connections between the Communications/Journalism department and its alumni.
- To provide opportunities for C/J alumni to connect with one another through networking and social events
- To increase alumni participation in College-sponsored events, especially C/J-related events.
- To increase opportunities for C/J alumni to network with and mentor current undergraduate C/J students.
- To encourage participation in philanthropy to St. John Fisher College, the C/J Department and its student organizations.
- To create and maintain an up-to-date database of contact information for all C/J alumni.
Facebook: Cj Alums
Linkedin: SJFC C/J Alumni
The Public Relations Society of America - Rochester Chapter represents public relations professionals in the Greater Rochester Region. The chapter is home to a broad cross section of some of Rochester's most talented and dynamic public relations practitioners. Welcome to our online resource for members, prospective members, public relations professionals and students. PRSA Rochester is dedicated to providing programs, tools and activities that benefit our members both professionally and personally. For those interested in participating, they can find out more information on our website at http://www.prsarochester.org/join.php.
An affinity group to the PRSA Rochester, is the Young PR Professionals group encourages young professionals to collaborate and engage in local community initiatives as well as networking with other professionals in the field. The group also engages with local community colleges, universities and high schools to serve as speakers, resources and/or mentors. In addition to the community and educational initiatives the committee promotes and directs, the group hosts ongoing social activities at various local Rochester venues. For more information, visit http://prsarochester.org/content.php?page=Young_Professionals.